Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cheesy Garlic Bread vs. Bruchetta

Cheesy Garlic Bread
French Bread
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Basil
Garlic 
- Instructions-
Slice French Bread
Drizzle Olive Oil on bread
Mince Garlic Cloves and sprinkle on top of bread
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
Add minced Basil on top of cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
*Carbohydrates, Calcium*
Healthy Alterations: #fixthedish
  • Use deli cheese over pre-shredded cheese
    • Pre-shredded cheese contains preservatives to allow for a longer shelf life, which can be harmful chemicals
  • Use extra virgin olive oil
    • Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains unsaturated fats, which are good fats for your body such as Omega-3 which is helps muscle growth.
  • Use natural or organic garlic and basil
    • My Basil is garden fresh, and garden vegetables/spices contain more nutrients than a canned or packages spice/vegetable. I've actually found that fresh spices have more flavor, but that is my opinion.

Bruchetta
On the lighter side:
French Bread
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roma Tomatoes
Basil
-Instructions-
Cut French Bread into slices
Drizzle Olive Oil on top
Add diced Roma Tomatoes
Add Basil (Minced)
*Carbohydrates, Fruit*
3 Good Choices:
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil is always a good choice because it contains fats that are good for your body and can actually help with muscle growth! They are unsaturated fats such as Omega 3.
  • Using garden fresh vegetables is also a good choice, I used tomatoes and basil from my own garden in the backyard and I encourage you to try that next year as well. But always try for natural and organic vegetables at the supermarket, they contain more nutrients than a vegetable in a can.
  • The dish overall is a fantastic choice for a side dish or appetizer to add some fruit to your meal! A lot of people are loading their plates with protein, but it's always a good idea to expose yourself to all food groups as well.
I, for one, do not have time to make my own bread, but I do go to a local bakery to buy fresh bread instead of shelf bread. I love recipes like bruchetta because it allows me to make the dish my own. Even though I didn't make the bread myself, I love serving a platter of bruchetta in the center of the kitchen table, and it feels like we're eating a restaurant. I love adding my own garden food to spice things up and make a dinner into something really special for my family and I. Cheesy garlic bread tastes great too, but it's nice to have both options to mix up the dinners as well.


Please let us know in the comments or on social media if you try our dish! We will like and share! And vote which of the two you would prefer near the top right of our page!
#recipiespree #fixthedish


No comments:

Post a Comment